Friday, September 01, 2006

Latvia Mission

Dearest Friends,

Sorry, I see that I do not yet fully know how to use this page. I hope that the rest of you will post some things on here. If you go to the bottom of this page, there is a comments page and I seem to have posted my message on there instead of here. So, forgive the duplication. I thought I added pictures, but they have not appeared.

Thank you, thank you dear friends for your prayers, yourselves and the wonderful look you gave us of the Body of Christ. It still amazes me how God knew how much we would need you, way before the need here crystalized as dramatically as it did. You were all a part of a very, very exciting time in the life of the Hope Center and the Liepa Church. I think that you too became players in this incredible journey of Faith which God has invited us all to play. In our modern business oriented world, God certainly knew how to get our attention by pushing us into these unplanned, unfunded yet desperately needed projects.

On a personal note, I feel so blessed by each and every one of you. I never could have imagined that at this stage in my life, I would be given such wonderful and inspiring friends to enrich my life. WoW! God is so great. I think working for God is a wonderful way for all of us to show the very best that is in us -- a chance to step out of our every day existence and be the hands and feet of Christ. What an honor we have been given.

I will try again to post some pictures of the girls and their babies and the different facilities.
THe Straupe house is almost ready for occupancy. We are just waiting for God to send us funds for the heating system. The girls have decided that it is important for them to continue their education(GREAT).

There is a special program in Riga for young mothers. They will travel once a week to school and then do the homework at the Straupe house. All of the girls will go to school except Christina. She is having pains regularly and the Dr. feels it would be too taxing for her. The girls have become friends and help with each others babies. As soon as we can move to the Straupe house, things will be more normal.

The Liepa congregations and Hope Center is hoping to have a new roof put on this fall as well as electric work, plumbing and heat. We will prioritize as best as we can with the available funding. The apt. that the VIM worked on cleaning out and refreshing has an anxious buyer. However, we just found out that the paperwork could be more complicated than we had anticipated. Everything is happening. God is listening to our prayers and moving hearts to help us.

Hope to have further updates soon. If you have trouble posting, please send me an email and I will put you on as adminstrators.

Blessings to you all, Gita

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gita!

Computers and how and when they operate are mystery to me still after 24 or so years of messing wih them. Duplication of sutff is good, that means that someone might just get to read your post in a different place.

What a blessing the trip to Liepa was to me! Getting to meet you, the folks of the congregations and being able to work with y'all towards a new church was just great. God has made this possible for me, I know! Without him in my life, I would be a on a path without direction. I look forward for the next opportunity to serve him.

We'll be interested in any progress/news that we can share with the folks here in Tullahoma. I'm in the process of getting some of the photos onto our web site for all to see what we've help to start.

Your friend,
Clay

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home